Tax Id Number Online Rhode Island
Can I use my Federal Tax ID as soon as I receive it?
Yes. Your Rhode Island Tax ID Number can be used immediately for most of your business needs including opening a bank account, applying for local Rhode Island business licenses, and filing a tax return by mail.
However it can take up to 15 days after receiving your Rhode Island Tax ID to receive official documents in the mail which indicate that your ID has become part of the Internal Revenue Service's permanent records. And you must wait until this occurs before you can file an electronic tax return, make an electronic tax payment, or pass an Internal Revenue Service Taxpayer Identification Number matching program.
The following types of businesses all need a Tax ID Number in Rhode Island:
- Rhode Island Sole Proprietor / Individual
- Rhode Island Partnership
- Rhode Island Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Rhode Island Corporation
- Rhode Island S-Corporation
- Rhode Island Personal Service Corporation
- Church Controlled Organization in Rhode Island
- Other Non-profit in Rhode Island
- All Trusts in Rhode Island
- Estate of a Deceased Individual in Rhode Island
Apply Now Online:
Apply for Rhode Island Tax Id Number Online >
Application for Tax Id Number in Rhode Island >
Rhode Island Tax ID Form
Business Tax ID Number Rhode Island
Choose Your State:
|Businesses that Need a Tax ID Number:
- Sole Proprietor / Individual
- Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Personal Service Corporation
- Church Controlled Organization
- Non-profit Organization
- Estate of a Deceased Individual
Need to Incorporate of File an LLC Online in Rhode Island?