Tax Id Number Online Ohio
Can I use my Federal Tax ID as soon as I receive it?
Yes. Your Ohio Tax ID Number can be used immediately for most of your business needs including opening a bank account, applying for local Ohio business licenses, and filing a tax return by mail.
However it can take up to 15 days after receiving your Ohio Tax ID to receive official documents in the mail which indicate that your ID has become part of the Internal Revenue Service's permanent records. And you must wait until this occurs before you can file an electronic tax return, make an electronic tax payment, or pass an Internal Revenue Service Taxpayer Identification Number matching program.
The following types of businesses all need a Tax ID Number in Ohio:
- Ohio Sole Proprietor / Individual
- Ohio Partnership
- Ohio Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Ohio Corporation
- Ohio S-Corporation
- Ohio Personal Service Corporation
- Church Controlled Organization in Ohio
- Other Non-profit in Ohio
- All Trusts in Ohio
- Estate of a Deceased Individual in Ohio
Apply Now Online:
Apply for Ohio Tax Id Number Online >
Application for Tax Id Number in Ohio >
Ohio Tax ID Form
Business Tax ID Number Ohio
Choose Your State:
|Businesses that Need a Tax ID Number:
- Sole Proprietor / Individual
- Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Personal Service Corporation
- Church Controlled Organization
- Non-profit Organization
- Estate of a Deceased Individual
Need to Incorporate of File an LLC Online in Ohio?