Tax Id Number Online North Carolina
Can I use my Federal Tax ID as soon as I receive it?
Yes. Your North Carolina Tax ID Number can be used immediately for most of your business needs including opening a bank account, applying for local North Carolina business licenses, and filing a tax return by mail.
However it can take up to 15 days after receiving your North Carolina Tax ID to receive official documents in the mail which indicate that your ID has become part of the Internal Revenue Service's permanent records. And you must wait until this occurs before you can file an electronic tax return, make an electronic tax payment, or pass an Internal Revenue Service Taxpayer Identification Number matching program.
The following types of businesses all need a Tax ID Number in North Carolina:
- North Carolina Sole Proprietor / Individual
- North Carolina Partnership
- North Carolina Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- North Carolina Corporation
- North Carolina S-Corporation
- North Carolina Personal Service Corporation
- Church Controlled Organization in North Carolina
- Other Non-profit in North Carolina
- All Trusts in North Carolina
- Estate of a Deceased Individual in North Carolina
Apply Now Online:
Apply for North Carolina Tax Id Number Online >
Application for Tax Id Number in North Carolina >
North Carolina Tax ID Form
Business Tax ID Number North Carolina
Choose Your State:
|Businesses that Need a Tax ID Number:
- Sole Proprietor / Individual
- Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Personal Service Corporation
- Church Controlled Organization
- Non-profit Organization
- Estate of a Deceased Individual
Need to Incorporate of File an LLC Online in North Carolina?