Apply for Employer Identification Number or EIN Number Online North Carolina
Employer Identification Number or EIN (also known as Federal Employer Identification Number or (FEIN)) is the corporate equivalent to a Social Security Number, although it is issued to anyone, including individuals, who has to pay withholding taxes on employees.
Also known as the Tax Identification Number (TIN), Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) or the Federal Tax Identification Number, the EIN is a unique nine-digit number assigned by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to business entities operating in the United States for the purposes of identification. When the number is used for identification rather than employment tax reporting, it is usually referred to as a TIN, and when used for the purposes of reporting employment taxes, it is usually referred to as an EIN. This article will use the latter term.
The following types of businesses all need a Tax ID Number in North Carolina:
Can I use my Federal Tax ID as soon as I receive it?
Yes. Your North Carolina Tax ID Number can be used immediately for most of your business needs including opening a bank account, applying for local North Carolina business licenses, and filing a tax return by mail.
- North Carolina Sole Proprietor / Individual
- North Carolina Partnership
- North Carolina Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- North Carolina Corporation
- North Carolina S-Corporation
- North Carolina Personal Service Corporation
- Church Controlled Organization in North Carolina
- Other Non-profit in North Carolina
- All Trusts in North Carolina
- Estate of a Deceased Individual in North Carolina
Apply Now Online:
Apply for North Carolina Tax Id Number Online >
Application for Tax Id Number in North Carolina >
North Carolina Tax ID Form
Business Tax ID Number North Carolina
Choose Your State:
|Businesses that Need a Tax ID Number:
- Sole Proprietor / Individual
- Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Personal Service Corporation
- Church Controlled Organization
- Non-profit Organization
- Estate of a Deceased Individual
Need to Incorporate of File an LLC Online in North Carolina?