Tax Id Number Online Illinois
Can I use my Federal Tax ID as soon as I receive it?
Yes. Your Illinois Tax ID Number can be used immediately for most of your business needs including opening a bank account, applying for local Illinois business licenses, and filing a tax return by mail.
However it can take up to 15 days after receiving your Illinois Tax ID to receive official documents in the mail which indicate that your ID has become part of the Internal Revenue Service's permanent records. And you must wait until this occurs before you can file an electronic tax return, make an electronic tax payment, or pass an Internal Revenue Service Taxpayer Identification Number matching program.
The following types of businesses all need a Tax ID Number in Illinois:
- Illinois Sole Proprietor / Individual
- Illinois Partnership
- Illinois Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Illinois Corporation
- Illinois S-Corporation
- Illinois Personal Service Corporation
- Church Controlled Organization in Illinois
- Other Non-profit in Illinois
- All Trusts in Illinois
- Estate of a Deceased Individual in Illinois
Apply Now Online:
Apply for Illinois Tax Id Number Online >
Application for Tax Id Number in Illinois >
Illinois Tax ID Form
Business Tax ID Number Illinois
Choose Your State:
|Businesses that Need a Tax ID Number:
- Sole Proprietor / Individual
- Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Personal Service Corporation
- Church Controlled Organization
- Non-profit Organization
- Estate of a Deceased Individual
Need to Incorporate of File an LLC Online in Illinois?