A sole proprietorship is an unincorporated business that is owned by one individual.
It is the simplest form of business organization to start and maintain. The
business has no existence apart from you, the owner. Its liabilities are your personal
liabilities and you undertake the risks of the business for all assets owned, whether
or not used in the business. Include the income and expenses of the business on
your own tax return.
Apply for Tax ID Number for Sole Proprietorship >
PLEASE NOTE: A Tax ID Number and an EIN Number are exactly the same. There are many different terms used by many different people but all of them represent the same thing.
All of the following are the same:
- Tax Id Number
- Federal Tax Id Number
- Federal Tax Identification Number
- Employer Identification Number
- Federal Employer Identification Number
- EIN Number
- FEIN Number
Apply for Tax ID Number for Sole Proprietorship
Choose Your State:
|Businesses that Need a Tax ID Number:
- Sole Proprietor / Individual
- Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Personal Service Corporation
- Church Controlled Organization
- Non-profit Organization
- Estate of a Deceased Individual
Need to Incorporate of File an LLC Online in US?