Apply for a Tax ID Number Online in less than 10 minutes. It is quick, easy and safe to apply for a Tax ID number for your business online.
Federal Tax Id Number in US
Do I need a Federal Tax ID in US?
Federal Tax IDs apply to many different groups, including:
Generally, if any of the following are true you still need to acquire a Federal Tax ID in US:
- Individuals/Sole Proprietors
- Limited Liability Companies (LLC)
- Other employers and business entity types
Can I use my Federal Tax ID as soon as I receive it?
Yes. Your US Tax ID Number can be used immediately for most of your business needs including opening a bank account, applying for local US business licenses, and filing a tax return by mail.
- You need to pay business taxes.
- You have one or more employees.
- You want to open a business bank account.
- You want to start a line of business credit.
- You form an LLC, Corporation, or Partnership.
- You change from one business entity type to another such as from an Individual/Sole Proprietor to an LLC.
- You are starting a Keogh Plan, also known as a Self-Employed Pension.
- You want to bid for a federal government contract.
However it can take up to 15 days after receiving your US Tax ID to receive official documents in the mail which indicate that your ID has become part of the Internal Revenue Service's permanent records. And you must wait until this occurs before you can file an electronic tax return, make an electronic tax payment, or pass an Internal Revenue Service Taxpayer Identification Number matching program.
Choose Your State:
|Businesses that Need a Tax ID Number:
- Sole Proprietor / Individual
- Limited Liability Company (LLC)
- Personal Service Corporation
- Church Controlled Organization
- Non-profit Organization
- Estate of a Deceased Individual
Need to Incorporate of File an LLC Online in US?